2nd grade class home page
Welcome to Mrs. Roberson’s Second Grade Class!
Meet the Teacher: Hello and welcome to Second Grade! This is my 8th year teaching at St. Christopher. I have a Bachelor’s Degree in Business from DePaul University and I have a Master’s Degree in Teaching from Olivet Nazarene University.
Monday: Art and i-Ready
Tuesday: Library & PE every other Tuesday 1st class 8/31/21
Wednesday: Mass* & Music
Our lunch is at 11:35 and we will have recess at 12:10 each day. Please send an extra (old) pair of gym shoes to school in the event we have indoor recess in the Gym. Gym shoes must be worn on the gymnasium floor at all times.
*No School uniforms must be worn on Wednesday for Mass. NO jeans day passes will be honored on Wednesday.
**Please remember that your child must wear their St. Chris gym uniform and gym shoes for PE.
- During the school year your child may bring a water bottle to class. Water Only. Please make sure the bottle has a tight seal on it and is easy to drink from. Please also put your child's name on the bottle
- We will have a snack during the day. Please make sure to send a healthy snack each day. All dessert snacks will be sent back home. Please note the policy for birthday treats in the student handbook. No frosted cupcakes should be sent to school.
- Your child brought home their Home Folder and Assignment Notebook today. The folder pockets are marked “Bring Back to School” and “Stay at Home”. Notes will go in the “Stay at Home” side unless they need to be returned and homework should go on the “Bring Back to School” side.
- We will be using Assignment Notebooks/Student Planners in Second grade. They are for both homework assignments and daily communication regarding your child's behavior. Please go over all homework assignments with your child and initial the assignment book each day and return it to school. Weekly spelling words will also be written in the Assignment Notebooks.
- Every Friday you will also receive a Friday Folder with all your student’s graded work. Please return those folders by the next school day.
- The St. Chris website contains our weekly classroom schedule and daily
homework assignments. You can find it at https://www.stchrisschool.org/homework under 2nd
During this school year, if you have any questions, comments or concerns please feel free to contact me via email at email@example.com.
Discipline Plan for 2020 – 2021
- Listen and Follow Directions
- Raise Your Hand Before Speaking or Leaving Your Seat
- Respect Your Classmates and Your Teacher
- Keep Your Hands, Feet and Objects To Yourself
Blue – This is the highest level where students have gone above and beyond in the classroom
Green – Everyone starts here and students should work to stay on green or move up to Blue
Yellow – The first warning
Red – Final warning, a “Think About It” sheet is filled out at school and taken home to be signed by mom or dad and they have lost their next recess privilege for the day.
When a student ends their day on blue, they receive a certificate and will receive a prize.
We have two reward programs. Every day a Secret Super Hero will be chosen. Only the students who did NOT move their behavior clip are eligible to be our Hero. This encourages students to stay on green. Heroes will have special jobs that day and receive a prize. They also have an opportunity to pick from the treasure chest when they have filled their treasure map with gold. They earn gold on Friday if their assignment notebook is signed every day of the week and when they bring their Friday Folder back with a signature. They will also have other opportunities to earn gold throughout the day with good behavior.
Grading Scale (As seen on Power School)
A = 100% - 93%
B = 92% - 85%
C = 84% - 73%
D = 72% - 65%
F = 64% - below
Class DocumentsNo class documents uploaded.
Last modified: 08-19-2021