5th grade class home page
Welcome to Ms. McDermott's Class!
Meet the Teacher
Hello and welcome to fifth grade! I am very excited to be starting my second year here at St. Christopher School. I received a B.A. in Secondary Education with a content focus in English from St. Louis University. I have sought out continuing education courses to help me grow professionally. As a graduate of St. Christopher, this school has held a special place in my heart since I was a child. I am always impressed by the strength and determination of our parents, students, and staff to keep St. Chris growing.
Please remember to keep up-to-date on your child's progress using PowerSchool.
All supplies should be brought to school everyday to make sure your child is successful. School supplies may need to be replenished.
Here are some important dates to mark on the calendar for March.
May 5: First Communion
May 7: Book Fair BOGO free
May 8: Book Fair BOGO free
May Crowning/ Ribbon Ceremony
May 16: Spring Music Program
May 23: 8th grade awards
May 24: Preschool/ 8th grade graduation
May 25: 1:00 Dismissal (no pm extended day)
May 28: No school
May 31: Field day
June 1: Last day!
Mass followed by awards-dismissal around 10:15am
- 5th grade is delving into geometry, moving on to the study of angles!
- 4th grade is having fun with decimals and will start angles soon!
- **Fourth and fifth graders will continue to take weekly times tests to practice their 0-12 multiplication facts. Please continue to study these every night at home.
- 5th grade is learning parts of speech, particularly verbs.
- 4th grade is singing about verbs!
- 5th grade is studying adaptations. Our seeds are growing and we will pant outside soon!
- 5th grade is focusing on the sacrament of the Eucharist.
- 5th grade will continue to follow the chapters in the spelling book and strengthen their phonics skills.
Fifth graders should remember to stay organized and study nightly to be successful in all subjects. Failure to turn in homework will result in a late notice. Please stay on top of the homework! Focusing in class is key!
Tuesday: P.E. (wear gym uniform)
Thursday: P.E. (wear gym uniform)
Classroom Rules and Expectations
These rules and expectations are posted in the classroom. Students developed the rules themselves, outlining the areas they want to focus on this year. The students have signed the document and will be held accountable for these expectations.
- Be organized.
- Listen to the teacher.
- Be a good friend.
- Be respectful.
- Be quiet when others are speaking.
- Play nice with others.
- Raise your hand when you want to speak.
- Be respectful of materials.
- No tipping on the chairs.
- Be positive!
- Try your best!
- Treat others the way you want to be treated.
|Book it! Reading Log||Wednesday, December 2, 2015|
Last modified: 05-04-2018