5th grade class home page
Welcome to Ms. McDermott's Class!
Meet the Teacher
Hello and welcome to fifth grade! I am very excited to be teaching in my third year here at St. Christopher School. I received a B.A. in Education with a content focus in English from St. Louis University. I have sought out continuing education courses to help me grow professionally. As a graduate of St. Christopher, this school has held a special place in my heart since I was a child. I am always impressed by the strength and determination of our parents, students, and staff to keep St. Chris growing.
Please remember to keep up-to-date on your child's progress using PowerSchool.
All supplies should be brought to school everyday to make sure your child is successful. School supplies may need to be replenished.
Here are some important dates to mark on the calendar for December.
Dec. 9: Open House 10:30-12:30
Dec. 11: Santa's Secret Shop preview
Dec. 12: Santa's Secret Shop
Christmas Program at 7pm!
Dec. 14: Traveling Lantern Theater Company performance
Dec. 20: No powerhour or extended day
Dec. 21: 1:00 dismissal
Dec. 22-Jan. 6: No school-Christmas break!
Jan. 7-School resumes
Have a blessed Christmas and New Year's!
- 5th grade is having fun with fractions!
- 4th grade is finishing tables and graphs and will soon start fractions.
- **Fourth and fifth graders will continue to take times tests to practice their 0-12 multiplication facts. Please continue to study these every night at home.
- 5th grade is persuading its readers why they deserve to be on Santa's nice list!
- 4th grade is writing an adventure story!
- 5th grade is experimenting with energy and electricity.
- 5th grade is focusing on the sacraments of Baptism and Confirmation and preparing for Christmas through daily Advent reflections.
- 5th grade will continue to follow the chapters in the spelling book and strengthen their phonics skills.
Fifth graders should remember to stay organized and study nightly to be successful in all subjects. Failure to turn in homework will result in a late notice. Please stay on top of the homework! Focusing in class is key!
Wednesday: Art *Mass day-no jeans day passes to be used
Thursday: P.E. (wear gym uniform)
Classroom Rules and Expectations
These rules and expectations are posted in the classroom. Students developed the rules themselves, outlining the areas they want to focus on this year. The students have signed the document and will be held accountable for these expectations.
- Help others.
- Keep your hands to yourself.
- Be respectful to adults and classmates.
- No fighting/arguing.
- Respect others' property.
- Be kind to others.
- No bullying and stand up when others are doing something wrong.
- No talking behind someone's back/ no gossiping.
- Think before you speak.
- BE THE NICE KID!
|Book it! Reading Log||Wednesday, December 2, 2015|
Last modified: 12-07-2018