2nd grade class home page
Mrs. Roberson’s Monthly News
Spring if finally here! I hope warmer weather comes quickly! We are trying to go outside for recess as much as possible. Please make sure your students have weather appropriate jackets.
The warmer weather also brings us closer to the end of the school year. We have been very busy and we are running low on some of our school supplies. We are in need of erasers and crayons. Please send a pink eraser and a small box of crayons to school with your child.
Homework and Spelling words can be found on the homework page of the St. Chris website each week. Be sure to check there if you need a copy of the spelling words.
Please also remember to sign and return your child’s spelling pre-test each week.
The St Christopher Father Daughter Dance will be held on Saturday, April 8.
Open House will be on Sunday, April 9 from 10:30-12:30.
Stations of the Cross will take place on Tuesday, April 11 at 2:15 in the Church.
Spring break will begin on Holy Thursday, April 13 through April 23. School will resume on Monday, April 24.
Third Trimester Progress Reports will go home on Friday, April 28.
Spotlight on Religion: We are studying Easter and learning about the importance of Holy week and all of traditions associated with the life of Jesus, his Death, Resurrection and Ascension. We are also continuing to learn about the Eucharist and preparing for First Communion.
Spotlight on Language Arts: We will work understanding capitalization rules. We will also continue to review on adjectives and homonyms in.
Spotlight on Math: This month we will focus on telling time. We will also work on multiplication tables of 3 and 4.
Spotlight on Science: This month we will study Force, Magnets and Electricity. We will do a few experiments with circuits and magnets!
Spotlight on Reading: We will be reading The Super Magazine Splish Splash.
Important notes about for Second Grade.
- Your child may bring a water bottle to class. Water Only. Please make sure the bottle has a tight seal on it and is easy to drink from. Please also put your child’s name on the bottle.
- We will have snack each day. Attached is a list of healthy snacks. All dessert sacks will be sent back home.
- Your child brought home their Home Folder and Assignment Notebook today. The folder pockets are marked “Bring Back to School” and “Stay at Home”. Notes will go in the “Stay at Home” side unless they need to be returned and homework should go on the “Bring Back to School” side. Please go over all homework assignments with your child and initial the assignment book each day and return it to school.
- Every Friday you will also receive a Friday Folder with all your student’s graded work. Please return those folders by the next school day.
- A monthly newsletter will be sent home via email. In this letter you will find information about what the students will be learning that month. If you would prefer a paper copy of this letter, please let me know.
- The St. Chris website contains our weekly classroom schedule and daily homework assignments. You will also find weekly spelling words and an overview of the lessons for the week. You can find it at https://www.stchrisschool.org/homework under 2nd Grade.
- During this school year, if you have any questions, comments or concerns please feel free to contact me via email at email@example.com.
- Listen and Follow Directions
- Raise Your Hand Before Speaking or Leaving Your Seat
- Respect Your Classmates and Your Teacher
- Keep Your Hands, Feet and Objects To Yourself
Blue – This is the highest level where students have gone above and beyond in the classroom
Green – Everyone starts here and students should work to stay on green or move up to Blue
Yellow – The first warning
Orange – The second warning and student will lose 10 minutes of recess.
Red – Final warning, a “Think About It” sheet is filled out at school and taken home to be signed by mom or dad and they have lost their next recess privilege for the day.
Below is our “special” schedule.
Tuesday: Computer & Art
Wednesday: Mass*, Music (beginning in January) & Library
*School uniforms must be worn on Wednesday for Mass. No jeans day passes will be honored on Wednesday.
**Please remember that your child must wear their St. Chris gym suits and gym shoes on Friday for PE.
Our lunch is at 11:25 and we will have recess after lunch each day.
Class DocumentsNo class documents uploaded.
Last modified: 04-03-2017