2nd grade class home page
Welcome to Mrs. Roberson’s Second Grade Class!
Meet the Teacher: Hello and welcome to Second Grade! This is my 7th year teaching at St. Christopher. I have a Bachelor’s Degree in Business from DePaul University and I have a Master’s Degree in Teaching from Olivet Nazarene University.
Please see my monthly Newsletter posted below for important events and reminders. You will also find academic updates in the Newsletter.
Tuesday: Library & Art
Wednesday: Computer & i-Ready
Thursday: Mass* & PE
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, our class will go to Mass on the 2nd and 4th Thursdays of each month.
Our lunch is at 10:25 and we will have recess at 12:15 each day.
- We will be participating in both Google Classroom and Seesaw to do online learning. You will get logins and information on these websites.
- During the school year your child may bring a water bottle to class. Water Only. Please make sure the bottle has a tight seal on it and is easy to drink from. Please also put your child's name on the bottle
- We will NOT be able to have snack this year because we are not able to eat in our room due to the 6 foot spacing while eating. In addition, birthday treats and prized are not allowed in the classroom.
- Your child brought home their Home Folder and Assignment Notebook today. The folder pockets are marked “Bring Back to School” and “Stay at Home”. Notes will go in the “Stay at Home” side unless they need to be returned and homework should go on the “Bring Back to School” side. Please go over all homework assignments with your child and initial the assignment book each day and return it to school. Weekly spelling words will also be written in the Assignment Notebooks.
- Every Friday you will also receive a Friday Folder with all your student’s graded work. Please return those folders by the next school day. **This may change to keep the spread of germs at a minimum.**
- If time permits, a monthly newsletter will be sent home via email. In this letter you will find information about what the students will be learning that month. If you would prefer a paper copy of this letter, please let me know.
- The St. Chris website contains our weekly classroom schedule and daily homework assignments. You can find it at https://www.stchrisschool.org/homework under 2nd Grade.
During this school year, if you have any questions, comments or concerns please feel free to contact me via email at email@example.com.
Discipline Plan for 2020 – 2021
- Listen and Follow Directions
- Raise Your Hand Before Speaking or Leaving Your Seat
- Respect Your Classmates and Your Teacher
- Keep Your Hands, Feet and Objects To Yourself
Blue – This is the highest level where students have gone above and beyond in the classroom
Green – Everyone starts here and students should work to stay on green or move up to Blue
Yellow – The first warning
Red – Final warning, a “Think About It” sheet is filled out at school and taken home to be signed by mom or dad and they have lost their next recess privilege for the day.
When a student ends their day on blue, they receive a certificate and will receive a prize.
We have two reward programs. Every day a Secret Super Hero will be chosen. Only the students who did NOT move their behavior clip are eligible to be our Hero. This encourages students to stay on green. Heroes will have special jobs that day and receive a prize.
Grading Scale (As seen on Power School)
A = 100% - 93%
B = 92% - 85%
C = 84% - 73%
D = 72% - 65%
F = 64% - below
Class DocumentsNo class documents uploaded.
Last modified: 08-30-2020